The United States of America (USA), commonly known as the United States (U.S. or US) or America is a world superpower founded on July 4, 1776. And become an unipolar world superpower after the end of the Cold War in 1991, when the soviet union collapsed with no other superpowers to challange the US.
Lying on the North American Continent, the US consists of 50 states along with a number of territories. The flag of the United States consists of 13 red and white equal horizontal stripes (representing the original thirteen colonies) with a blue rectangular canton with 50 stars (representing the states of the U.S.).
The country is a Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic and is led by an elected President of the United States of America (POTUS). Most presidents since George Washington are elected on four year terms and could be re-elected for another 4 years. Yet In 2011 the country had an unstable democracy.
In 2013, Mexican rebel units breached the border along El Paso before the crisis was averted by Captain Scott Mitchell of the Ghosts.
- David Bowers was the president in the 2007 timeline. Although Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon series says that James Ballantine is President in 2013/2014, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist has Patricia Caldwell get re-elected during that time-frame. In Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon novel, in 2011 there is said to be a male president implied to be Ballantine, but going by the larger Tom Clancy universe timeline, it should be Caldwell, a woman. Additionally, both Daniel Sullivan and David Becerra are said to be President in 2021, the former in Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. and the latter in Tom Clancy's EndWar.
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon novel
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
- "The End Begins: Ghost Recon"
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Combat Ops
- Tom Clancy's EndWar: The Hunted
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Choke Point
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint